- About Us
- School Council
The new School Council team has been elected. Each member has a special badge, so that you can see them easily around school.
What is a School Council?
A School Council is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues with the Principal and governors in the school.
The School Council can also get involved with projects on behalf of the pupils, be involved in the planning and help to make things happen at school.
Our School Council will:
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views
- Feedback to pupils about what happened about their views
The dedicated team meet regularly, once a week when possible, to discuss current issues alongside Mrs. Porter.
Some of the activities the council team have been involved with this year include:
- Carrying out a survey of children’s opinions
- Working with Havering Catering services to design and agree the lunch menu
- Reporting to governors on the impact of the recovery curriculum and COVID safety measures at school
- Providing pupil views regarding children’s worries and concerns about the return to school after partial closure
Discussing issues that the pupils in school have raised